Do you have a bathtub that needs remodelling? Are you sick of the high failure rate of resurfacing and the even higher price point of buying a new bath? Don’t waste your time stressing in bathroom showrooms trying to find a tub to match your budget or investing in bath resurfacing services that use toxic processes. You can restore your bathtub so that it looks brand new again, at just a fraction of the cost of purchasing a completely new bath! Better yet, there is a bath restoration process that doesn’t involve chemicals, plumbers or long periods of downtime. It’s called bathtub relining, and homeowners and business owners are raving about how quick and affordable it is!
The process of installing a new bath liner.
A bath liner, or bath insert, goes over the top of your existing damaged bath surface to create an entirely new tub! Here’s what’s involved in Inner Bath’s, Australia’s premium bathtub relining specialists, bath restoration process:
Preparing your new bath liner.
1. Sanitary, non-slip ABS acrylic sheeting is custom-moulded to fit perfectly over your existing bath. This acrylic sheeting is your brand new bath lining.
2. The bath liner is then tested over your existing bath to ensure a snug custom-fit is achieved.
Getting your old bathtub ready to accommodate the new insert.
3. Inner Bath’s patented waste adapter is fitted into the existing drainage which connects the wastewater. No plumbing work is required and you will receive a shiny new stainless chrome waste drain when the liner is installed!
4. Industrial sealants are applied onto the tile edges where your old tub meets the tiles on the wall of your bathroom. This prevents water from leaking in between the existing tub and new liner once it is secured in place.
5. Two-part polyurethane, a weight-bearing expanding foam is sprayed inside the existing tub.
Securing your new bath liner.
6. The new bath insert is then placed on top of the freshly sprayed foam and filled with water. This holds the liner in its natural position while the foam underneath expands and fills the cavity between your old bath and new insert.
7. Your new liner is soon secured as the expanding foam sets rock hard, bonding the two baths into one! What’s even better is that the set foam also acts as an insulator, keeping your bath water hot for longer.
8. The new bath is then sealed with a sanitary wet area sealant, wiped down so that it is shiny and clean, and left to dry and set.
Using your new bath.
9. Your bath is ready to use the very next day! All you have to do is turn on the tap, pour in your favourite bath bubbles and relax!
New bath lining in under three hours!
One of the most convenient aspects of the entire bath relining process is that the whole procedure only takes three hours or less. You completely avoid lengthy waiting periods often involved with contracting a plumber, or delivery delays associated with buying and installing a new bathtub, and you get to use your tub the next day! No mess, delays, downtime, chemicals or plumbers required! Just good, old fashioned service that results in a bathtub that looks and feels entirely new without that crazy price tag attached. It doesn’t get much better than that!
Are you interested in remodelling or repairing your bathtub? Whether it’s cracked, peeling, chipped or scratched, Inner Bath can transform it back to its former glory (or even enhance its original appearance) with bathtub relining services. Contact us today for a quote.